[TechAssist] Re: JVC SR-L901U vcr video problem

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:58:17 -0400

These record and play at 8 hr and 24 hr only. an EP VHS recording will play
on the 8 hr speed setting. That is the speed I use to do the alignments on
these and then I do a 24 hr speed recording as a check because that is the
way they are normally used. Just seems odd that they would work for 10 years
and then the preamps or lower drums would go bad. There are a few
electrolytics in the preamps but changing them has no effect on this
problem. I guess when the opportunity arises I will have to sub a known good
preamp and lower drum. The preamp is getting all of the control signals it
is supposed to get. Practically all of these that come in have servo and
video problems due to dried out electrolytics but that is a different
problem.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave