[TechAssist] Re: JVC HR-XVC20U- VCR/DVD player

  • From: Carol Rundle <brundle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:48:07 -0700 (PDT)

Have you tried cleaning the Laser head?

Bill
  Bill's TV
     Sonora,Calif.

John H Smit <jsm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all members
With the DVD player,when I load a DVD,and try to play,it does not work most
of the time.
If it starts then it works for a while OK,most of the time it cuts out,and
quit after a while.

Now when I set the player on its left side, it always plays,no problem at
all,
When I lay the player in the normal position,it quit's playing
So most likely,it is something mechanical.
It does not make a difference,with the cover on or off
I hope someone can give me a hint what to look for in a case like that.
I checked the gears,but nothing I can see what that could be.
Thank you in advance
John H Smit
Smit's TV Service
Box10