[TechAssist] JVC Cam GR-M5 - No zoom

  • From: "Roger G/ Mr Fix-It" <rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:18:05 -0400

JVC Camcorder GR-M5
Problem- originally, video was not seen thru lens.
Resoldered CCD connector block and restored video. Not sure if zoom was working
originally or not but not working now.
Zoom buttons connect with 3-wires- looks like 5v gets sent to either T or W
wire.
Checked for continuity between the common and other two but did not find it.
Shouldn't i
get it? I would think so. Even if the buttons are bad, I tried making contact
at the
connector on the ckt bd but got no response. Motor works with external power.
Pretty difficult to work on lens w/o the extensions

Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110    WebSite-  http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx  (alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx )
FAX 801-705-3748 ; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)