[TechAssist] Installing Remote Starter in 1994 Buick Skyhawk.

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:54:19 -0500

Need some advice. Canadian Tire had a ProStart Remote Starter on
special for $50.
        Decided...just what I need for those cold Winter months.
Has anyone done these. When I look at the connections, there are about
50 different wires. Some I won't need, I presume. Any heads up, on
installing one of these?
And is most of the wiring done at the Ignition at the Steering column,
besides the Tach signal, which I presume comes from somewhere at the
distributor. Only those that have done a self-install need to answer,
and direct it to my email address.

Thanks.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies