[TechAssist] Re: ISOTAP

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:26:05 -0600

Viz Isotap,
Yes, I am familiar with this unit. I use to have one and I gave it to a
friend,when I upgraded. It was made for RCA. It is an Isolation Transformer.
It had about 6 or 8 sockets on top to select different AC outputs. It's main
use was to Isolate the chassis you were working on from the AC Line. Its
main drawback was that it didn't have enough variable outputs, and it only
had 2 prong sockets in the output, but it is still a good unit, with limited
use. Viz made several pieces of test equipment and I think it was owned by
RCA.

Paul W

From: "Wilbert Bolden" <wbolden@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] ISOTAP
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:31:30 -0800

i sent a diagram of an old isotap that i found at a rummage sale for 5.00 is
any one familiar with it it is a viz isotap ii wp-27a if any one reconizes
it send me some info on it please. also who made it and if they are still in
buisness. thanks

Wilbert Bolden
Rr 1  box 55-d
Forkland, Al 36740