[TechAssist] Re: I need training manual

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

Pete
    You say when you connect the HOP xstr the set is in tic,tic? Then you say
you have high voltage if you jump the relay. Not sure I understand everything
that is going on. If you have high voltage when you jump the relay. I would be
looking for something in the relay driver circuit, or a short in the secondary
of the smps.
                                                                       Paul
 pete <tvtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys
I have a kv32v15sony tv . Listen to this story? I went to the house hot was
shorted q601,q602, R607,and r608,unit worked fine. cust said it lasted 1 week
everything shorted again. I went back I forgot to resolder the driver
transformer. I replaced all parts and resoldered the driver. I was testing the
high voltage but I put the high voltage lead too close to the ground, because I
had no picture tube and the tv now goes click,click. If the tv is in the off
position when you plug it in the standby voltage at d617 I have steady standby
voltage. When you hit the power button the standby fluctuates from 12 to 17
volts. If I disconnect the horiz output and the b plus from the flyback and
jump the relay the power supply runs, and I get my 135v on pin 2 of the
flyback. As soon as I connect the fly It starts click, click Can anybody out
there help me what else can I do to this set? I have my +15v,-15v,200v,1000v
all are there but I can see no picture or sound when I jump the relay.
I also have high voltage when i jump the relay.
thank you

Pete

Perdomo Tv Inc Since 1972
Miami.Fl