[TechAssist] Re: Hypothetical: When NTSC goes,will we have onestandard ?

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:11:30 -0400

When I was teaching at the US Army Southeastern School, we had a neat little
demonstration to show antenna gain.

We had a small transmitter set up on the bench with a receiving antenna
opposite the transmitting antenna. We started with a simple folded dipole
attached to a small light bulb. Then we added a reflector element and keyed
the Xmitter again to show the increased brightness of the bulb. Then we
added a director and a couple more directors. It was a very effective demo.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH