[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi prjo with dig.conv

  • From: Jack <lightwizard_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:53:56 -0800 (PST)

If it smells like fish replace it.
I've been replacing these caps for years. From Sony
cams to Mits and Hitachi pip modules. Easy to change
if you remove them all first, clean the board with MEK
and use a very fine solder tip and stats. really easy
to do.

Jack

--- Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you got about $400. replace it. I just replace
> the bad caps in all those
> Hitachi modules. Digikey is the best place to get
> these small SMD capacitors.
> Dennis Viereck
>
> Ron Miller wrote:
>
> > Symp. No conv.Has anybody had luck repairing the
> digital conv pcb in Hitachi
> > model 60SX3B # on mod2375232 ? (numbers not clear
> ).
> > Have found all 47/16 sm caps bad,pcb looks ok.
> >  Is it worth a try or get a new one?Thanks
> > Ron Miller
> > D.T.V. Texas

> > SUBJECT field to the address above.

> SUBJECT field to the address above.

=====
Electronic Wizards
535 North Woodlawn Suite 350
Wichita, Kansas 67208
316-686-8324 316-686-4815 fax
Authorized on: Sony, TCE, Pioneer, Denon, NAD

SUBJECT field to the address above.