[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi TV Mod#32UX59B Chassis#M9LXU Vertical line thru middle of CRT

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:08:42 -0400

I would think that if a technician doesn't know the difference between
vertical deflection and horizontal deflection, they are with the wrong
e-mail group. We try to cover some basics for "starters" in this business,
and a technician should never be afraid to ask what may be obvious to most
others, but for simplicity, I don't think we have to stoop to "customer
explanation" as to the difference of vertical compared to horizontal.
If a "technician" has a problem making this obvious to the remainder of the
group, then we are wasting precious time looking thru our database, to help
this guy out.
We don't call diodes...little black things, or resistors...colorbanded
little critters, but short of calling fuses shorted and picture
tubes..."bottles", we are pretty much open to anything..

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Midland, Ont. Canada.
teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Quality will be remembered, long after Price is forgotten"