[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi Big Screen TV Model 53SDX89/convergence problem

  • From: "Damon Brunger" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:33:02 -0500

If your blue moves and your red doesn't then you don't have a problem with
the power supplies, it would affect blue too.

The button is to access the point-to-point convergence and the magic focus
part you accessed is to center only. Yes I do suspect a bad red convergence
amp and no, I'm not sure which one feeds red.....I'd just trace the red
convergence wiring to the proper ic. But before you do that disconnect the
red convergence yoke and measure those large resistors, make sure they're
ok. Have you checked for decent signal going into the amps??

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Ft. Wayne, IN