[TechAssist] Hitachi 50UX22B Code 31

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:56:28 -0800 (PST)

As you can see I have been in tuch Alvie Rodgers from Hitachi. I thought I
would run this past all of you. Some one may have run into this before. You
will have read this from bottom to top. Thanks

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK Alvie: Resoldered all connections on convergence outputs. Tryed manual
converge the blue, would not adjust. Swaped red and blue, red would not adjust.
Looks like we are back Output back to Waveform generation circuit.

Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Alvie Rodgers C.E.T." <rodgers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First, this has nothing to do with convergence.
This can happen if the power button is cycled on/off too fast
and the EEPROM has completed read/write process.
No problem here.

Have you tried to converge the Blue?

Determine if your problem is Horizontal (left to right) BH or Vertical (up and
down) BV.

If you find an area that won't adjust, swap the Red and Blue convergence plugs.
Check the same adjustment you couldn't adjust before, even though the
convergence
it totally messed up, the area of adjustment is all your intrested in.
Can you now move the adjustment area while adjusting Blue but looking at Red?
Yes: Yoke problem
No: Output back to Waveform generation circuit problem.

Use the Red convergence circuit as a reference to compare with blue.

Resolder all connections on convergence outputs.

Swap the Red and Blue convergence outputs.

You can also use Red and Blue H and V outputs from the DCU and swap with each
other
to determine if the area of fault can be adjusted.
Just remember to look at Red while adjusting Blue.

Don't forget to check the Hitachi Web Site
for any additional information:
http://www.hitachiserviceusa.com

If this information helps in any way and/or you repair the unit,
please POST your findings so that all can benefit from your
experience.
"Let's work together".

Alvie Rodgers C.E.T.
Technical Writer/Trainer