[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 31KX6b Chassis G9LXU1M

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:49:20 -0400

The first thing I would consider in light of the fact it has the problem
"cold" would be an electrolytic cap bad. In the morning when cold, take
your heat gun and heat one half of the board being careful to not heat
the other side(use a cardboard devider,etc)Now power on for the first
time. If it stays on, turn off and use a can of coolant to cool a
section of that area.Try to reproduce the symptom. Get it? Maybe a cap
in the Xray protect ckt, or power supply.-Phil Bader

Shaun wrote:

> This set will go into shut down when first turned on for the day but after it
> warms up it will come on and work fine all day. I have looked at the power
> supply and when it is in shut down the wave form off of pin 7 of IC 901 is
> off. I am using a sams 2985 and Q903 E 144 vdc B 144 vdc and C 0 vdc. The
> schmedic says on Q903 E 43 vdc B 42.9 and C 0 vdc. I have a similar strange
> dc volts on Q904, only the E is correct at 130 vdc.
>
> Shaun
> Advanced Electronics
> Fort Morgan, Co 80701
> 970-867-3124