[TechAssist] Re: Heat sink compound

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

Al: Don?t know what is best for heat transfer have used both but the clear is
good for filling in dings and scratches on CRT?s. Just rub it in and buff off
the access. Can hardly see it.
Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use white. i hardly ever see clear silicone any more.
seems most manufacturers do also.
i do worry about the rubber like pads some use,instead of
grease. seems like a wider space to the heat sink.

Just my opinion,
Larry

Gary McCartney wrote:

> I use the white stuff, whatever that is. Don't know if its considered
> the best or not but wouldn't mind finding out if there is anything
> better. The computer over-clockers use this silvery colored stuff with
> aluminum powder or something in it, so that might be better but very
> expensive. Al, why do you consider this to be off-topic. Sounds like a
> perfectly good service question to me.
>

> Gary McCartney
>
> McCartney Electronics
> Guelph Ontario Canada
> Est. 1984
> email: gary (at) number63.ca
>

> al m wrote:
>
>>I know it's off topic but I haven't thought of what I was buying before.
>>Which is better the non silicone or the silicone compound?
>>Al Marquardt
>>ampm@xxxxxxx
>>Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
>>206 W Main
>>Girardville Pa. 17935

>>Lost Password:
>>http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".
>>Email Archives:
>>//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

> http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622 www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768 FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY

http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".