[TechAssist] Re: Guy outside the list is asking for a schematic

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:48:31 -0600

Yea,  what Al said,  but we are becoming our own enemy, for instance I had
another guy who called me, his RCA set quit, didn't want to pay someone to
do something he could to, cause he had a solder gun  ( I can imagine ) so he
put in the  chassis number in yahoo and searched,  got techassist's free
list and the solution with part numbers from myself and several others,
don't know who else he called but since my signature file  was at the bottom
with email, fax, phone, etc.  he calls me and wants to know where he can buy
the part I mentioned and put it in his set.  I wouldn't help him but sure
he's found someone that would, including parts house, without much more
effort and certainly saved him some money,  probably  mcm,  they come up
when you search for electronics parts,   and  will sell to anyone for same
price as us.    All he wanted was an RCA part # ______can't remember what it
was but it was the 1 meg resistor that opens off the regulator,  so mcm
probably sold him this part for about 3 bucks and got another $8 for
shipping, so  they made ten bucks,  the guy is happy,  one of us  could have
fixed it in five minutes and made $45.00 profit.   we're killin ourselves.
and now if someone searches today's archives they will know how to fix there
own stuff.
brock
Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237