[TechAssist] Re: Guy outside the list is asking for a schematic

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:49:04 -0500

well, maybe i just don t know where to look, or maybe i am
slow, but we service most factory warranty sets.
and i seldom get a tip, even from the factory tech that helps
me fix one easy.
maybe i just am having a bad 6 months, but 90% of my repairs
have been dogs, no easy, seen before problems.
i hope i get through this learning phase on these new hdtv's
lol
larry

markbrock wrote:
> I'm all for helping a guy out,  but don't like the idea that more and more
> home techs are being born because of the information on the Internet,.   My
> lawyer friend  mentioned that he had a Philips set that the pix kept going
> crazy on him, he did a search on the Internet, and it gave him a past
> history post from one of these repair groups, told what part to change,
> gave him value, even the name and address of tech who posted the solution,
> he got the part from Radio Shack,   he fixed his set for less than $5,  I
> can see that he'll never need my services again, or if he does it will be a
> dog set,  yea,  he clears 100K per year and I'm scraping like the rest,  not
> near a good of friend as he was.  anyone else finding out that more and more
> non-techs are getting in the back of there sets ?   maybe I'm just paranoid
> ?  or jealous,  to answer your question,  If he was within a service call of
> my shop I'd be skeptical about training any competition,  just my vent for
> the day.
> brock

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY