[TechAssist] Google search//e-mail xxxxx'ed out NOT

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tech Assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 21:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have no problem with my fixes becoming public
domain for my fellow techs. I thought that was what
the help lists were for anyway.
I have a problem with the fact that anyone that
knows my name, my company name, or my phone number,
can type that into google search and read all the
e-mail.
While it's true that the e-mail addresses are
xxxxxed out in one part of this thing they are not
xxxxed out in some others.
Also, intact for all to see, are our signature
files.
In my case, this gives e-mail, phone, fax, and
address.
There is even an index, that will bring up, not
only my correspondence, but that of everyone else
that has sent an e-mail through TechAssist.
We have always known that e-mail and the web were
not secure, and I've never posted anything that I
would really care if the whole world read anyway.
Usually, if I complain about a company, or
something, I WANT them to see it; that was the
purpose.
What's bothersome is that what we thought was going
to our group is available to anyone with a 'puter.
Just think of the posibilities.
Walter

=====
Walter Wood