[TechAssist] GoVideo DVC4300 fixed

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:49:33 -0400

Complaint was vcr and front panel controls wont work. All we found was that
there was no audio from the vcr and tuner but there was from the DVD. Video
and front panel were OK. In the service mode, all the features were
disabled. Enabling the proper features for the model restored the audio, but
the features were not retained when power was removed. Replacing the eprom,
IC603, and programming in the features repaired the unit.
The eprom was a C41DC (24C04). The ones that we had were preprogrammed for
various tvs and something in the programming prevented us from using the
service mode properly. After running out of 24C04s we tried some 24C01s that
we had on hand. The third one we tried allowed us to reprogram it and
appeared to work fine in this model.
Jerry Silverman Greentron Inc
Mail to: greentron@xxxxxxx
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC