[TechAssist] Genexxa VCR (Radio Shack) model 16-538 -identify manufacturer?

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:19:53 -0500

I have this VCR from Radio Shack, called Genexxa, model 16-538. There is
no FCC number. There is a number on the label, LR24146 which I don't
know if it is a UL number or what. This is a Canadian model. Made in
Japan, don't see a date, but guessing around 1998.

I have photos posted at http://www.number63.ca/vcr-deck.jpg

Can someone identify the manufacturer and hopefully a model which I can
try to order parts, please. I believe it could either be Funai or
Emerson but I'm not sure if actually either. I could go through Radio
Shack but they don't know anything there and the parts would probably be
unavailable or expensive.

The part I need is the cassette carriage. More specifically, the right
side gear which has the slotted arm and spring. There is another
light-duty torsion spring that was sitting down in the VCR case which I
don't know where it goes, but I imagine it's from the carriage assembly
too.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney