[TechAssist] General Instrument Satellite Receiver Model DSR-410MN

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:27:50 -0700

I don't know if I am allowed to post this kind of question here so if I
am not,I apologize.
My neighbor has the above sat.receiver that when he powers it up,pix is
there for about 5 seconds and then it powers dn.It won't power back up
unless you unplug it from the ac.
I don't know much about sat.receivers but i went over there anyway to
see what its doing.
I thought that maybe a short in the LNB or the lines coming in may be
causing the problem but I disconnected all lines and it still shuts
dn.When you plug it in,there are about 4 symbols that show up on the
display panel.One looks like a clock or a timer symbol.I thought maybe
it was locked up or in a timer mode but don't know.If there is someone
here that is familiar with this unit and may have some suggestions,can
you please advise.Thank you very much.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ