[TechAssist] GI DSR401 satellite receiver- any free channel to test with?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:46:29 -0400

I have a GI (General Instrumnets) DSR401 satellite receiver (Digicipher
II) with Canadian satellite co. Starchoice logo on front. I would like
to test it out on a C band satellite dish to see if it will produce
picture and sound. I don't care what the channel is, as long as this
unsubscribed receiver can lock in video- perhaps a free Digicipher
promotional channel or whatever.

Does a channel such as this exist, and on what C band satellite and
transponder do I locate it? I can lock onto Digicipher channels on a
couple of satellites but I suspect the signal is encrypted and the
receiver is just not authorized to view.

Just need to determine if the receiver is functioning properly before I
try to sell it.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney