[TechAssist] Re: GE TV 27GT613-CTC177BH2 No vertical hold

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:37:16 -0600

I think your problem is the eeprom, or rather the data stored in it.  If you
can get into the service menu, change the vertical height parameter to any
value below 31, the normal setting would be about 18. If you disconect the
antenna you may be able to see the service menu numbers.
 If you have an eeprom programer, check address 10-A, the first digit should
be 0 or 1 and the average should be 09.  Or of course  you can replace the
eeprom but you may then need to setup the tuner parameters.  Any time the
vertical height parameter is above 32 you will have no vertical sync. HTH,
John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St