[TechAssist] GE 46in. Proj. Model 46GW945 Chassis PTK195AA. Snowy channels below 51. All channel 51 - up (good).

  • From: "Robinson Electronics" <RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:16:10 -0400

Can anyone provide a little info on this tuner problem, all the channels 50
and below are real snowy, but 51 and up are great?
Also when I do a channel search, it does not lock any channels in memory,
but I can manually key in ok?

I remember having to replace a vhf/uhf osc ic (I think was a cxa1594l) in
the ctc185,87 chassis for a similiar problem. This set doesn't use that ic?
Does anyone have any notes on this, or ran into this problem on the PTK195?
Thanks for any help on this.        Thanks.      David.

Robinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Ph./Fax. 828  274-3787