[TechAssist] Re: GE 19TVR60 TV/VCR, replaced bad flyback, going into HV shutdown.

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:16:06 -0500

Look at the power light. If it flashes 6 times when you plug in or when you
press the button, the unit is in lock. If it is not in lock, try changing
DP31 (1N4148) on the power board. It is troublesome and if the slightest bit
leaky will cause a false overvoltage shutdown. Also inspect for cracked
solder especially near the top of the deflection board.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609