[TechAssist] Re: GE 19TVR01 Issues

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:25:11 -0400

Here's what we've found so far on this one.....if anyone has this schematic
..( we do not!)...please follow along!

This looks like a Samsung Built Chassis

Thompson had replied :

Check IC901-29.
It should go high when you turn the set on.     If it is low check IC901.
Yes: Check the 14-volts IC850-1.
Check IC850-2 for 12 volts.
Check Q850-C for 6 volts.
Check Q850-E for 5-volts

Then we checked the following

Ok....IC901-25 does go to 4.6DCV with a square wave pulse when power button
is pressed.

IC850-2 does toggle on to12VDC then shuts down after the power cycle fails.

Q850 voltages are exactly as you specified.

I have located a pinout/PDF of  IC501.

No H-drive from this IC. We did change the IC with a new one

Pin16 of IC501 is 12V(VCC of IC501)...ground on Pin 28 OK

Crystal  X401 is not oscillating...0VDC on both pins.

It looks like there is some kind of circuitry that applies DC to X401 to
start the Oscillation process....

It this how the Unit supposed to start? By having DC applied to this
crystal?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beechtree Lane