[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: update.Re: NEC P7701 Multisync 70 relay may chatter at turn on,no display.]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:14:38 -0500

After replacing all PS caps,and testing til blue in the face, as a
"test" I isolated the CRT fil pins from the 6 VDC source, inserted a
small 60 Hz 6.3 VAC filament transformer (primary wired to come on with
the power switch),mounted it far and away from any interaction with the
CRT magnetics (a tough feat),and it works beautiful. I know, I
know....But the main thing is a good usable 17" monitor without a
fortune in repair cost. It's been burning in for hours now. Don't anyone
scold me for my "short cut"! ;-)