[TechAssist] Fwd: Re: Zenith B27A11Z not TA1268N poor color/contrast.dark

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:43:55 -0400

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Christopher Barnak 6/30/2004 7:38:13 AM >>>
Tony,
Careful on this one, I recently had a 5 year old Zenith with the same
symptom. Voltages were way off on Jungle I.C. that also sent RBG to the
Crt board. I swapped the whole chassis with a new one, including the CRT
board.

Results : Same problem. So I checked the CRT.  CRT checker says CRT is
good, but  a rejuvenation helped. The tube must be bad. Cranking up the
screen to max. and making some adjustments, barely makes the set
acceptable. Careful examination of the picture with white lettering on
it reveals "blooming". Still, the voltages  read way off on the drive
I.C. Probably wrong voltages in Zenith manual.

However, I have seen these exact symptoms with bad drive I.C.,  a bad
CRT socket, or other CRT BOARD problems. And of couse, " A bad CRT ".

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:13:38 -0400
From: "Vicky and Jeff Dougherty" <vze1tel0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Zenith B27A11Z not TA1268N poor color/contrast.dark

Tony,
From Tech Repair CD:
ZENITH\B27A11Z\NO GREEN\\\\R5110(120K)\\\\\\\\
**This I believe is on the CRT board, but either one of the three 120k
resistors may be open.

Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
717-939-7708; (F) 717-564-4952
From: "electronics" <electronics@xxxxxxxxx>

I thought I had a bad IC (TA1268N) but after 3 swaps and no
change..guess I'm on the wrong track..set has
a  dim blue green picture with very dark menu an low contrast..doesn't
get real bright when you turn up
screen control but it does go to retrace and blue...looks like the
older Zenith tubes ...anyone can point
me in the right direction? any help at all much appreciated.
-Tony

Anthony Moseley
Electronics Inc.
7027 Hwy. 441
Dillard, GA. 30537
electronics@xxxxxxxxx

in the subject line, or go to the following page:
http://www.repairworld.com/techsweb/techmail.html