[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Vcr, RCA VR678HF (fcc# G954255195) dead,P.S resistors I.D.]]

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 14:09:56 -0700

Phil,

I don't bail on many, but I would that one.  Have had four of them, fixed
only one.  Seems the parts cost me about $25 for the switcher, IC's, and
resistors.  You can see the time involved for repair.  Most customers
won't pay much, and you never know what <else> was taken out.  Had a
customer refuse a $40.00 repair on a year-old JVC.  He was miffed because
I didn't call with an estimate before repair.  I didn't argue with him.
Told him I'd take out my parts and he could pick it up at no charge.  I
don't need that kind of work!

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway

> [...]