[TechAssist] Fw: PC assist required,losing folders&connections???

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:49:44 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Don Hartigan
To: 2001 1:46 PM
Subject: PC assist required,losing folders&connections???

For the past 2 weeks my PC keeps losing its connections to my NB-TEL server & I
also lose any new folders i have created in my ''in-box''.Iam not computer
smart so will try to explain as best I can.When I lose my connections I have to
reinstall all info required for a new connection,ie,server tel#,name,my
password,incoming POP,outgoing SMTP.I contacted my server,NB-TEL,&went thru the
same setup with them.All is fine until I have to do a restart on my PC,then i'm
back to square one and have to go thru the whole process again.I also lose any
folders I have created in my ''in-box''.My ''CONSUMER-EL''&PC&MONT''folders
have disappeared.Iam using ''ME'' & have ''Norton'',which has not shown any
virus problems.Any assistance appreciated...tia...regards....Don of HARTS-TVCR.