[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Are onidirectional antennas any good(roof)

RF emissions from a theoretical  metal sphere antenna floating freely in
space is omni directional,but not real world. A dipole "T" type wire
antenna suspended on a horizontal plane strung north/south, broadside to
E/W will radiate E/W and is directional with a lobe (horizontally
polarized)in those two directions so is directional.(almost nothing off
the sides) The TV station's antenna farms here in Riverview,Fl have all
the Tampa station transmitters  in one area. With a number of
stregically placed towers,passive ones as reflectors,directors,etc they
shape the transmitted lobes to the desired areas,as per FCC's
requirements.They are therefore also directional. But I understand
Wayne's point. I'm just  jerking his chain.;-)

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
personal/ alt. email: pbader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
see our ad at: