[TechAssist] Re: Floppy discs

  • From: "Michael OBeirne" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:09:37 -0500

Hey Al,

Have these disks been near any type of magnet? Or, Possibly, the floppy
drive has gone bad. The head in the drive may have gone out of alignment and
can no longer read those disks. Try them in another computer with the same
type drive if possible. What size is this drive? 3.5, 1.44 meg? or an older
5 1/4?

Michael OBeirne
Dove Lane Electronics
531 US HWY 64