[TechAssist] Re: Fixed!! Re: 2nd tryRCA HD65W40 ATC311A2 hv leak at focus/screen control

  • From: "Dan Williams" <wizhd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:35:55 -0600

OK techs, here is the "skinny" on this. A tech was at this project before me
and had the focus/screen control from flyback reversed for one, causing too
much voltage on focus to pic tubes. Thus the hv leaking as stated prev. Also
a capacitor (marked .101 12k) was inline with the focus line from flyback
transformer.
Called RCA TECH-ASSIST and they say no components inline with focus nor
screen lines to focus/screen control assy, which I was pretty sure of
anyways, but now CONFIRMED.

Maybe someone on the assy line screwed up?? Did this speed up the failure of
the hv splitter and resistors??
   Anywho, unit has ran good for a full day.
Fun, Fun Fun!!!!!!

Dan W
Wizard Electronics
wizhd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx