[TechAssist] FW: Philips Model 27K291, Chassis 27D101, Pictures washes out to blue

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:02:15 -0400

The picture on this set gradually washes out to a bluish picture over =
about
10 minutes. I've isolated the problem to a surface mount chip in the =
digital
module. Hitting that chip with some freeze spray gets things going =
again.

Now my problem is that I can't find that fiche in my files (88-001) (aka
manual number 7474), the only one missing from our ten year library of
fiches. I can't find the chip id on the board, but it is perhaps a 16 or =
so
pin surface mount chip with a heat sink on it's back (so I can't see a =
part
number). Z420 diode is right next to it.

The digital module has the following numbers on it: ASP002 and D1DSP.
Tritronic's part list doesn't include this module, so I'm at a loss =
right
now.

Thanks for any possible information (or a lead on parts) out there.

Arthur Bevilacqua
Essex Radio & TV
40 Main St
Essex, MA 01929