[TechAssist] Re: FIXED Re: Re: Dead Hitachi Projo Ch#AP82 M#55FX48B

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:15:25 -0400

I posted this fix exactly but was for a chassis AP83 (must be similar.
60UX58B)
see below:
"The set was dead. This set has a number of status indicator LED diodes
to direct you to the problem. The +120 volt LED diode was NOT lit.Also
the red "protect" LED was flashing.
Alyays do a quick check on the diodes right around the main voltage
regulator. If OK, move on to the H. deflection.
Turned out Pico fuse E994 was open. (a replacement blew)
The actual culprit was one of the scan caps, a small blue disc cap C707
("102" @ 2KV).
C707 is located by the HOT. Look for three large blue scan caps with
hot-melt glue all over. In front of these almost hidden is C707. Had a
crack in it.
*Replacing E994 and C707 fixed the set.*
Submitted by a local shop here in Winter haven."
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx