[TechAssist] FBT sub test

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:45:55 -0400

FYI

Just compared the ASTI 2939 to the Sony 145323821 (NX-4007//X).  The primary
inductance was closest, but of by about 10%.  The secondary windings were
worse, between 20 and 30% off.  The pin spacing on two of the secondary pins
was off and would barely even fit.  I would not use this sub.

Typically, I don't use subs for flybacks, but I check them out occasionally.
So far, the only ones that I have found that I will use are the subs for
RCAs from ACME and the HR transformers have been pretty good.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606