[TechAssist] Re: Estimate charges - was 19" portables

  • From: Kenneth M Smith <gulftech@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:50:21 -0500

Dave,

This is so true.  I charge a $20 evaluation fee on everything except
PTV's, where I charge $50.  My wife begged me for several years to do
that.  Have to admit, best thing I ever did.  For example, if the rf
connector is pulled out of a 19" TV, and the charge would be, say $60
total, they may not fix it.  However, if they already have $20 in it, $40
seems so much more reasonable.

Cuts down on the junk, and increases approved "estimates."

I also charge an additional $25 for any set I feel would be likely to be
abandoned, like an old console.  That fee IS refunded if the repair is
not done and they pick up the set.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (voice)  850-932-0819 (fax)

----

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!