[TechAssist] Re: Envision Flat Panel Monitor

Careful of lamp voltages as they're in KV -they are generated by a DC/DC
convertor ckt w/overload shutdown[protection] I have this model in shop and
gave up on it temporarily,As far as customer support Envision is cool KDS
sucks.AS to the specifics of why ask and I'll tell you.How are we ddoing so
far...Pete
peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:The main PS board is part of the Main PCB(i
hope that made sense:-)
There are a few Radial Caps,but they ESR fine.
There are also some SM Caps I've yet to check.
The other board in here is the Lamps Driver/PCB.
Any ideas what voltages I should be looking for on the Lamp PCB ???

Peggs

At 05:46 PM 5/5/04, Jim Shupe wrote:
>Peggs...
>
> I would warm the thing's power supply slowly and
>observe for any changes in symptoms...if there are
>then you know you should ESR all the caps.
> Nowadays, I find that the most common component
>failures are electrolytic capacitors leaking and
>drying out.
>...just my two cents.
>
> Jim Shupe, CET
> Lloyd's TV
> Yucca Valley, CA
>
>peggs
wrote:My first flat panel
>to work on.
>model EN-7100s
>FCC ID: ARSLM782T
>This thing has 5 warranty stickers inside here.#6 is
>on the Back.
>I guess they were expecting in-warranty troubles.
>Anyway,when it was dropped off,we hooked it up and it
>was
>stuck in stand-by(yellow power light) and couldn't
>turn it off.
>Now,with the back removed Power light comes on and off
>properly,but still
>it's stuck in the stand-by mode,with a slight Flash by
>the Screen periodically.
>
>I don't know what the Voltages should be on the Lamp
>or on the PCB that
>drives it.
>Would this Lamp cause it to stay in stand-by ???
>
>Peggs
>Peggs' Electronics
>1519 West 2nd Street
>Owensboro,KY 42301