[TechAssist] Electrohome 27" Model 69CJ02 dead. Chassis VM1-A-C23R

Electrohome 27" Model 69CJ02 dead. Chassis VM1-A-C23R

Hi fellow techs,

Set came in dead with shorted HOT.  Flyback rang good on Sencore.  Replaced
shorted HOT.  Set came one for few seconds, then shorted HOT again.  Removed
HOT and tested B+ to collector of HOT with 150 ohm 10 watt resistor to ground.
Set came on with sound and then started to burn D905 and R912.  Turned off set
since I don't allow smoking in my shop.  Sounds like the STR-S5141G is bad, but
it doesn't test shorted.  All other reisistors in P/S test good.  I am
unfamiliar with this chassis.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV and Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevinstv@xxxxxxx