[TechAssist] Re: ESCALERA - Lifts for Shop use?

  • From: Hugh at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:39:50 -0700

We have been using the stair climber now for about 4 years.  We pick up
all sizes of TVs with it,  we have the extra steps that can be bought
with the main unit to attach to your pickup tailgate or whatever.   This
unit is worth the price JUST for customer reaction on a TV pickup!  They
follow us
out to the truck just to see the TV go up into the truck!  You will get
all the calls for projection TVs as no one else can get them as easy.
BUT--do not
believe the sales pitch about it being a one man operation!  You will
need 2 men just about each time for safety. This thing can get away from
you very easy!
 We have the extra "big wheels" and the extra
load plate for odd shape PTVs.   I would guess you will need to invest
about $2500 or so for the unit and all extras that you will need.  You
will make it back in
about 6 months in extra PTV pickups.  Also, you will need 30 '  carpet
and hardwood floor protection runner--this thing can eat carpets and rugs!
Will answer any more questions on this unit.

Dan Garris wrote:

>Fellow repair shops/techs,
>
>I've been seriously considering the purchase of an Escalera Stair Climbing
>Handtruck for sometime. These sets are getting heavier/larger every year!
>I'd really be interested in comments from other tv-repair shops that use an
>Escalera and which Model and features you use. I've watched their video and
>studied there website and talked with them over the phone already and I
>realize that there are many other similiar products out there - however I
>personally like the fact that I can add/upgrade different features, etc.
>I've been researching and studying for the purchase of a good lift that will
>help me and my back! I just want one good dependable lift for getting these
>heavy sets off the customers truck and into the shop by myself. Also I
>really like the feature of being able to lift a PTV or heavy set by myself
>and work on it while it is on still on the lift. I do not offer a
>pick-up/deleivery service however with a lift like this Escalera - That
>could be something I could offer in the future - or just for those jobs I
>decide to do! Also if I do a P/U and have to go up/down a set of stairs,
>with the stair-climbing feature, I will not hesitate in doing the
>service-call. Their website suggests and recommends the model RLA-HC
>(stair-climbing hand truck with a hand-crank lift) with the LPA lift plate
>attachment. Any shop have one? I am very interested in your comments?
>
>Dan Garris
>GARRIS TV
>3104 Neuse Blvd.
>New Bern, NC 28560
>Ph: (252) 638-4477
>DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

>Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
>online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: