[TechAssist] Re: Do you leave your computers on all night?

I've been a computer tech for many years. I have 8 computers in my home
networked to a DSL that stay on 24/7 with no problems. 3 of which are
servers. The rest are workstations. We own several online and offline
businesses so we need all of these. My shop has 6 that are all networked as
well. They run 24/7 as well. In a way, I agree and disagree with your
computer friend. My guess is he is talking about Windows 95/98 programs that
dont always close resources it uses. Which is not unusual. THE most stable
Windows operating system I have seen is Windows 2000! I HIGHLY recommend it
to all of my clients. I use various flavors of Windows in my home and shop
to include ME and Windows 2000 Advanced server and the old Windows NT. We
also have 4 servers running RedHat Linux 7 that runs flawlessly! I guess it
just depends on what your using.

Thats my nickels worth!

Have a great day! We got 1 1/2 feet of snow dumped on us lastnight so we are
digging out today!

Michael OBeirne
Dove Lane Electronics Inc.
Rutherfordton, NC. 28139