[TechAssist] Re: Do you leave your computers on all night?

  • From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:25:09 EDT

Computer Tek's usually leave their computers on 24/7. Electronic Tek's turn
them off, because they realize that electronic components get stressed and
need rest like everything else.It has been my experience that the #1
component failure is electrolitics....the #1 reason electrolitics fail is
because they dry out.....the 1 reason they dry out is because of heat. With
the high frequencies that your computers power supply and CPU runs, a fan is
needed for cooling....need I say more. I am sure there are other opinions.

Tommy Herman
Herman TV
250 School Ave SW
Taylorsville,  N.C.  28681
828-632-58322 Voice
828-632-3880   Fax
hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/4/02 2:15:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This goes with what Kevin is saying. Do not leave your computer on with
Kazaa operating.  A while back,I was sharing one of my files with another
Tech and checked the transfer within Kazaa, only to see other "person family
pictures", being uploaded from my computer at the same time, by some one
else. I panicked and disconnected my internet right away and  have since
turned off file sharing with this program. It shows how others can get into
your computer. I also use Norton Anti Virus 2002 it also checks email as it
leaves my computer.

Bruce

B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St