[TechAssist] Delco Cassette Gears

  • From: "Gary Pahls" <bec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:14:22 -0600

I can't help Don with the CD problem he has but I can point out that the
Kenwood.  The gear coming off the loading motor worm gear is part number
KD13-1170-08, the next gear in line has been beefed up as it is the one that
breaks first, part number KD13-1169-18.  If there is any problems beyond these
two gears I usually go ahead and replace the mechanism.  If the customer has
tried to remove the tape after the gears fail (and they always do) they usually
break at least the front tape guide.  I have found it is not necessary to
replace this but you do need to remove the part that breaks off if you can find
it.  I believe the Kenwood KRC980 and other models like it use this mechanism.
Hope this helps someone, the gears are cheap, you can usually repair this deck
in about 20 minutes, I charge about $75.00 and save the customer money also.
Gary Pahls
Beloit Entertainment Center
Beloit, KS
bec@xxxxxxxxx