[TechAssist] Re: Defrag question

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:51:36 EST

Close or suspend all programs on the taskbar at the right near the clock.
Hollis
                                                                  In a
message dated 1/28/02 9:43:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, rlmbkm@xxxxxxxx

<< Subj:     [TechAssist] Defrag question
 Date:  1/28/02 9:43:14 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  rlmbkm@xxxxxxxx (Ron Miller)
 Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 My shop computer is about a year old,running win ME ,no major problems to
 date.Note:Closed All Programs.
  Tried to run defrag start it at closing next morning have error message:
 could not complete defrag due to another program running,run scandisk and
 try again.When I run scandisk it stops and displays message about it could
 run faster if I close all programs,continue or close,I chose continue.When
 scandisk finally read complete drive the report said no errors found.
  What is the command to see what programs are running in the background?I do
 have Norton AV in my start up file is that the cause?
 Ron Miller
 D.T.V. Texas

 SUBJECT field to the address above.

SUBJECT field to the address above.