[TechAssist] Re: Dead Zenith M#Z25X22S

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:53:41 -0700

Dan,

Had a friend from another shop call me yesterday who just fixed a Zenith
with problems like you describe.  It was a bad vertical output IC.  I had
seen that on several Philips sets, but may see it on others now, too.

I pass this along with the hope that it helps.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

-----------------------

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:54:41 -0500 "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
writes:

> Need help on this Zenith, unit is dead, relay clicks and in about 5
> seconds
> it sounds like it goes into shutdown. Checked all voltages and
> waveforms in
> power supply, nothing seems to be way off, when set shutsdown set
> looses the
> 14.7v and 9v source voltage, 5v source stays OK. Defeated shutdown
> circuit
> according to SAMS instructions, by removing diode DX3006 from
> circuit, set
> still shutsdown. Tried disconnecting tuner as have had problem with
> tuner
> causing same symptom, but didn't help.ANY SUGGESTIONS!
> Also have checked transisters in power supply and horiz.circuit.
>                                                              Dan
> Webster
>
> Webster's TV

> To unsubscribe write to: