[TechAssist] Re: DSS signal distro question

Gear,
First thing to do, is to make sure your dish is tuned in, before messing
with the roof antenna.
Remove the Diplexers, and install barrel nuts (F-81) connectors. This will
give you a straight shot from the dish to the Sat. RX.
Now,....bring up the menu and select point dish, or signal strength meter.
Tune the dish, till you get max. signal strength.

Next,... you need to know what kind of an Ant. amp. is installed. If it's an
Antenna pre-amp, that works off a seperate pwr, supply,...then you need a
direct line for this ,also.
If it's just a signal amp.,   it should feed through the diplexer OK.
My experience with diplexers has always been negative. I never use them.
Always run seperate lines for roof Ant. system. Anytime I used a diplexer, I
ended up throwing the dam things away.

LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " I've enjoyed
93 North Main                                as much of this,
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087          as I can stand "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx