[TechAssist] DO NOT delete a program called SIDE FIND from your computer.

  • From: Kevin's TV Repair <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:27:43 -0700

I recently lost my hard drive by uninstalling a program called SIDE
FIND.  It had aggressively installed itself on to my computer, and when
I went to uninstall it, it corrupted my hard drive.  I later found out
that other people had the same problems with this horrible program.  The
only way to fix the drive was to save what I could to partition D, and
format drive C.  Of course I did not have a back of my hard drive, so I
lost all my old emails (roughly 5000 emails, mostly fixes from all you
technicians on this fine forum).  Is there anyway I can get them back
from one of you?  Thanks.

By the way I learned 2 things from this:  1) Always back up your hard
drive, and 2) Do a search on the internet before removing ANY program.
I have deleted many programs before that just appeared on my computer,
and never had any problems, until now.

I have now upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP Pro and am much happier
(except for the lost emails).  Live and learn.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV Repair
Penticton BC Canada

Email Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/