[TechAssist] DO NOT delete a program called SIDE FIND from your computer.

I recently lost my hard drive by uninstalling a program called SIDE
FIND.  It had aggressively installed itself on to my computer, and when
I went to uninstall it, it corrupted my hard drive.  I later found out
that other people had the same problems with this horrible program.  The
only way to fix the drive was to save what I could to partition D, and
format drive C.  Of course I did not have a back of my hard drive, so I
lost all my old emails (roughly 5000 emails, mostly fixes from all you
technicians on this fine forum).  Is there anyway I can get them back
from one of you?  Thanks.

By the way I learned 2 things from this:  1) Always back up your hard
drive, and 2) Do a search on the internet before removing ANY program.
I have deleted many programs before that just appeared on my computer,
and never had any problems, until now.

I have now upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP Pro and am much happier
(except for the lost emails).  Live and learn.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx