[TechAssist] Re: Computer problem

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barry Thompson <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:14:45 -0700

Hi Barry,

No need to remove a DOS partition when installing 2000 or XP

You don't have to install XP using the NTFS file system. You can
select FAT32 during the install (not as good though). And if you
do select NTFS the CD will convert the existing file system for
you (or maybe that's just if you format, I forgot).

You can always covert later too:

Just go to RUN, type CMD (Enter) and execute the command:
convert c: /fs:ntfs  (space on both sides of c:)

Walk away for a while and when you come back, but you finally
have NTFS

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green