[TechAssist] Re: Compaq 7400 computer setup

  • From: "Mark Simpson" <res050hb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:58:29 -0400

Don't use the Compaq setup.
Borrow a friends computer(not a compaq) and partition,format and install
WinME on the drive.then install the drive in your machine.Windows will find
your new hardware.I know this can be done because I recently installed Win98
on a Presario 520.(they told me it couldn't be done)
Mark Simpson
Mark Electronics
104 E. Dr. M.L.K. Jr,Blvd
Plant City,FL 33566