[TechAssist] Re: Chipper Check / CTC 177 series Question

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:31:47 -0400

I will also jump into this thread.  After first trying it the way RCA said
to do with clip leads in circuit, I found it to be unreliable.  I then
created an adaptor to check the EEPROM out of circuit and modified the
Chipper Check interface with a cable to work with it.  Since doing that, I
have had almost no problems.  I say almost because a few years ago RCA
released the software that did have a bug in it where it wouldn't correctly
reinitialize the EEPROM.  I called them about this and they were like, uh,
we don't really support the CTC177 chassis with Chipper Check.  But the next
release of the program had fixed the problem...

Jerry Eiting
Christians Electronic Service
Troy, Ohio