[TechAssist] Canon Mini-DV OPTURA20 a

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:01:16 -0700

Looks like Iris is Stuck wide-open.
I can see the Iris Close when unit is turned Off,then Open when turned On.
It is not adjusting when panned near Light and Dark images.
Dark images look 'ok'........ Light/Bright images are washed out(completely
White).
(First assuming the Iris is a replacable part in this unit)...Normally I
would just
order the Iris Assembly(and I may), but I thought
I would throw this out for any Canon/Mini DV/Camcorder experts who
may have seen some type of Iris 'control' problems.
BTW,the customer stated(and it has once for me) this unit will work fine
at times(Iris works properly)

Peggs

Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street