[TechAssist] Can YOU Fix A Philips Yoke?

  • From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ".Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:01:03 -0800

YES!!

Thanks to the advice of some of the techs on these lists I
sprayed the windings of a Magnavox yoke with clear plastic
and it now works fine!

The original symptom was a loud buzzing noise coming
from the yoke and very bad convergence only at the top and
bottom of the picture.

After applying a heavy cote of plastic spray to the inner
windings (the outer winding were already coated with a thick
layer of epoxy by the manufacturer) the symptoms were
completely gone.  I was really surprised that this fixed the
bad convergence also.

If I were to do this again I would use spray lacquer.  The
plastic spray takes a long time to dry and really smells
up the room if you put it back on the CRT the same day
(as it heats up to normal temperature).

Bil